18-Wheeler Truck Accidents - What Counts as Non-Economic Loss?
Pearland, United States - October 27, 2023 / Hildebrand & Wilson, LLP /
In the aftermath of 18-wheeler crashes, immediate physical injuries and financial burdens often overshadow deeper layers of intangible losses known as non-economic damages. Hildebrand & Wilson, LLP, respected leaders in the legal domain, offer critical insights into this complex arena of accident claims for Texans impacted by these traumatic incidents.
The Growing Concern of 18 Wheeler Accidents in Texas
- Texas highways witness their fair share of 18-wheeler accidents, and the consequent outcomes pose a significant community concern.
- Given the size and scale of these vehicles, collisions frequently result in severe injuries, substantial property damage, and occasionally, the devastating loss of life.
Beyond the Obvious: Unraveling Non-Economic Damages
- Non-economic damages encapsulate the intangible burdens victims endure. Distinct from medical expenses or lost wages, these damages address the lingering psychological and emotional aftermath of an accident.
- Aspects such as pain, trauma, loss of companionship, and the broader mental implications often remain unseen but are profoundly felt.
"Following an 18-wheeler accident, attention is frequently directed at immediate concerns like medical costs and vehicle repairs, overshadowing the deeper emotional and psychological impacts," notes Dan Wilson, a founding partner at Hildebrand & Wilson, LLP. "Trauma from such incidents can manifest in various ways – from sleep disturbances and a renewed fear of driving to social withdrawal. Maintaining a diary to chronicle daily challenges – whether physical discomfort, bouts of anxiety, or emotional upheaval – serves not only as a therapeutic measure but can substantiate claims for non-economic damages. Texas law acknowledges the profound nature of these unseen injuries, ensuring that, with knowledgeable guidance, affected individuals can secure the compensation warranted."
The Role of Accident Lawyers in Navigating Non-Economic Damages
- Legal experts at Hildebrand & Wilson, LLP play a pivotal role in assuring victims receive rightful compensation for both tangible and intangible damages.
- The evaluation of non-economic damages demands finesse, with lawyers meticulously analyzing various elements to determine equitable compensation.
Texas' Perspective on Non-Economic Damages
- The state of Texas offers its distinctive framework regarding compensable non-economic damages.
- Recognizable categories include pain, mental anguish, and physical disfigurement, among others, with legal provisions clearly defining the claim pathway.
For a comprehensive understanding of non-economic damages following 18-wheeler accidents, please visit Hildebrand & Wilson, LLP’s blogpost at https://www.hw-lawfirm.com/blog/what-are-non-economic-damages-from-an-18-wheeler-accident/.
About Hildebrand & Wilson, LLP
With a cadre of seasoned legal experts, Hildebrand & Wilson, LLP stands firm in its commitment to advocate for the rights of accident victims in Texas. Esteemed for their prowess in handling intricate litigation scenarios, the firm ensures clients are met with justice and appropriate compensation. Their recent exploration into non-economic damages underscores their dedication to equipping the Texan community with vital information.
When you need experienced and dedicated Personal Injury Lawyers, trust the attorneys at Hildebrand & Wilson, LLP to fight for you from finish to start – call them at (281) 607-2082 to find the help you need!
Hildebrand & Wilson, LLP
7930 Broadway St Ste 122, Pearland, TX 77581, United States
Pearland, TX 77581